FAQ – LEGISLATION QUESTIONS. Got some questions? The following are frequently asked questions we get asked about. Of course if you can’t find the answer here, please feel free to pick up the phone and talk to us directly. 

TEL: 01296 624924

RWA image
RWA image
Party Wall notices need to be served to neighbors in certain cases. It largely depends on the proximity and depth of foundations to your neighbours. We can advise once the scheme is known.
It depends on the size and complexity of the project, but we can advise on the best route.
Building regulations is the standard to which all buildings must achieve. Set in a series of documents they covering the following matters:
A. Structure
B. Fire
C. Site preparation and resistance to moisture
D. Toxic substances
E. Sound insulation
F. Ventilation
G. Hygiene
H. Drainage and waste disposal
J. Heat producing appliances
K. Stairways ramps and guards
L. Conservation of fuel and power
M. Facilities for disabled
N. Glazing
P. Electrical safety
‘CDM’ covers aspects of design and construction of your scheme, and is required if the contract duration or the number of people working on the site exceed 30 days or 500 man hours, and whether the scheme is private or commercial.