ABOUT US. Our expertise extends to all types of Building Structure and Civil Engineering Works in providing an efficient, economical and professional service to all our Clients and other members of the design team. Our experience and commitment enables us to identify potential problems at the earliest opportunity and resolve them in co-operation with other members of the team. The following serves as an insight into the people within our business.
Robert M Wallbank
BSc., C.Eng., M.I.C.E.
- Qualified in 1981 and Chartered in 1986.
- After Graduating 1981, spent one year in soils testing laboratory in UK and overseas. Returned to UK administering various civil engineering and structural construction sites in South West England.
- Transferred into Design office working on Structural and Civil Engineering infrastructure design.
- Became Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers in 1986. Continued in design office principally on new steel frame buildings and Civil Engineering projects.
- Became Senior Engineer for Loss Adjusters in Watford, dealing with subsidence, heave, fire and flood losses, advising Senior Partners on major losses, assisting Lawyers and Counsel on litigation claims and advising on Contractors All Risk losses.
- Joined medium sized firm of Consulting Engineers as Senior Engineer, leading a team of engineers dealing with subsidence related losses.
- Became Associate Director to medium sized consulting engineering practice, heading up their structural division mainly on subsidence losses, as well as dealing with domestic surveys and marketing matters.
- In 1992, set up RWA Consulting.
Caroline A Brown
- Qualified in Accounting in 1983.
- After graduation, worked in the Audit and Small Business Department in major Accounting firm in the Reading and Bristol areas.
- After moving to High Wycombe, worked in smaller Accounting Practice in the Small Business Department, dealing with audits and accounts before becoming involved in RWA Consulting in 1992 and now heads up the administration and financial aspects of the Practice.
BEng., CEng., MIStructE.”
- Qualified 1997 with Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering from University of Sheffield.
- Joined RWA Consulting in 2000 as junior Engineer, carrying out work on CAD, design calculations, subsidence investigations and site inspections.
- Became Associate of the Practice in 2006.
- Became Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers in 2014.
- Heads up the structural design aspect of the practice.
- Worked part time with the practice whilst completing Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering at Portsmouth University.
- Joined the practice full time in 2009 after graduating with distinction.
- Completed a sandwich year with multinational Engineering Consultancy WSP, working on bridge design.
- Graduated from Coventry University with a degree in design in 2011 and joined RWA Consulting in January 2012 as a CAD technician.
- Since joining the practice he has been undertaking further training to make the transition to Civil and Structural Engineering, completing an HNC in Civil Engineering in July 2014.
- Joined RWA Consulting in March 2014 as Senior Engineer, bringing to the practice considerable experience from past employment.
- Gerald has a sound pedigree based upon working on projects including the conservation, restoration and general maintenance of a wide range of building types including: listed historical buildings, museums and galleries, government and MoD buildings, local authority, educational, recreational and general domestic housing stock.
- The wide range of projects has involved the design of structural elements and drainage schemes to the current British Standards, compliance with the Building Regulations, producing AutoCAD or Revit Structure layout and detail construction drawings, and specifications, together with carrying out structural inspections and preparing appraisal or structural defect reports with recommendations for remedial work.
- Graduated from Kingston University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil and Structural Engineering 2014 and joined RWA Consulting in April 2015 as a Graduate Engineer.