ABOUT US. Our expertise extends to all types of Building Structure and associated Civil Engineering Works, providing an efficient, economical and professional service to all our Clients and other members of the design team. Our experience and commitment enable us to identify potential problems at the earliest opportunity and resolve them in cooperation with other members of the team. The following serves as an insight into the people within our business.
Robert M Wallbank
BSc., C.Eng., M.I.C.E.
- Graduated from Portsmouth in 1981 with a degree in Civil Engineering.
- Qualified as a Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers in 1986.
- After graduating in 1981 spent one year in soils testing laboratory in UK and overseas, followed by eighteen months as a Site Engineer administering various civil engineering and structural construction sites in the UK, thereafter working in a design office working on Structural and Civil infrastructure design.
- Following becoming Chartered Robert continued in a design office working principally on new steel frame buildings, Civil Engineering projects and undertaking domestic surveys.
- In 1987 became Senior Engineer for a firm of Loss Adjusters in Watford, dealing with subsidence, heave, fire and flood losses, advising senior partners on major losses, assisting lawyers and counsel on litigation claims. Set up Subsidence Unit, training engineers and surveyors in identifying structural issues in buildings.
- Joined medium sized firm of Consulting Engineers as Senior Engineer, later becoming Associate Director heading up their structural division, mainly on subsidence losses, as well as dealing with domestic surveys and marketing matters.
- In 1992 set up RWA Consulting, undertaking domestic and commercial structural surveys, insurance, subsidence, fire and vehicle impact damage, Expert Witness inspections and reports, plus structural design for domestic and commercial properties.
- The practice has grown over the years and Robert now manages the dedicated team of motivated engineers who undertake a range of small, medium and large prestigious high-end structural designs for domestic residences, commercial buildings, school and church projects. RWA Consulting continues to grow and develop to reflect the changing needs of the industry and our clients, as well as keeping up to date with Health and Safety, legal and employment matters. Delegation of aspects of the structural design to the team of engineers has allowed Robert time to concentrate on marketing and new areas of work for future growth of the business.
Caroline A Wallbank
- Qualified in Accounting in 1983.
- After graduation, worked in the Audit and Small Business Department in major Accounting firm in the Reading and Bristol areas.
- After moving to High Wycombe, worked in smaller Accounting Practice in the Small Business Department, dealing with audits and accounts before becoming involved in RWA Consulting in 1992 and now heads up the administration and financial aspects of the Practice.
BEng., CEng., MIStrctE.
- Graduated from University of Sheffield in 1997 with a Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Joined RWA Consulting in 2000 as a Graduate Engineer, carrying out work on CAD, design calculations, subsidence investigations and site inspections.
- Became associate of the practice in 2006 and a Partner in 2015.
- Stuart became a Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers in 2014.
- Stuart heads up the structural design side of the practice, overseeing the calculations and drawings submissions for the design team.
- Stuart has many years’ experience in undertaking design schemes for residential developments and large one-off new builds, in addition to commercial, industrial and educational buildings, plus churches and community buildings.
M.Eng. (Hons) C.Eng. MIStructE.
- Nick graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2009 with a First Class undergraduate Masters Degree in Civil Engineering and became a Chartered Engineer and full member of the Institution of Structural Engineers in 2019.
- Nick joined RWA Consulting on completion of his studies before becoming an Associate Partner in 2014.
- He has completed work experience in multinational companies, working in waste water management and bridge engineering, has been very active on the design side of the practice and now works predominantly on the reporting side of the business.
- He is an active member of the local Institution of Structural Engineers Thames Valley Regional Group, with responsibility for schools’ liaison within the area. He trains the junior members of the design team and mentors them through the route to chartered status.
- Graduated from Coventry University with a degree in design in 2011 and joined RWA Consulting in January 2012 as a CAD Technician.
- Since joining the practice Daniel has undertaken further training to make the transition to Civil and Structural Engineering, completing an HNC in Civil Engineering in July 2014.
- Daniel has been working on a wide variety of projects for the practice, including smaller internal alterations to domestic properties, larger extensions and alterations, new build domestic residences and large commercial projects, including a new Welcome Centre for a charitable trust.
- Joined RWA Consulting in March 2014 as Senior Engineer, bringing to the practice considerable experience from past employment.
- Gerald has a sound pedigree based upon working on projects including the conservation, restoration and general maintenance of a wide range of building types including: listed historical buildings, museums and galleries, government and MoD buildings, local authority, educational, recreational and general domestic housing stock.
- The wide range of projects has involved the design of structural elements and drainage schemes to the current British Standards, compliance with the Building Regulations, producing AutoCAD or Revit Structure layout and detail construction drawings, and specifications, together with carrying out structural inspections and preparing appraisal or structural defect reports with recommendations for remedial work.
- Joined RWA Consulting in 2017 as a Graduate Engineer and is currently working towards full Chartered Membership of the IStructE.
- Graduated from The University of Birmingham in 2009 with a First Class Masters Degree in Civil Engineering and has since specialised in structural design.
- Tom has spent the majority of his career working in a design office on a wide variety of both domestic and commercial projects, including alterations, extensions, new builds and refurbishments. He has designed structures in all the traditional materials, including concrete, masonry, steel and timber, all in accordance with the current European Design Standards, producing detailed calculations, drawings and specifications suitable for costing and construction using modern design software.
- Tom has previously gained construction experience working on the site of a 15-storey reinforced concrete frame with post-tensioned slabs.
- Tom also carries out structural appraisals and defect reports, specifying appropriate remedial works where necessary.
Joined RWA Consulting in 2019 as Graduate engineer
Graduated from Brunel University In 2019 with upper second class Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
Worked for one year with Clancy Consulting, where I was involved in small projects like domestic properties, extensions, refurbishment. As well as, commercial and institutional like hospitals, schools and warehouses.